Monday, December 13, 2010

Pop Earworm Alert - The Beach Girl5 "Scratch"



This tune is one of my favourites right now. The Beach Girl5 come across like a clean cut surfer chick version of The Pussycat Dolls and with debut single "Scratch" they've a trashy pop nugget that fits that brief to a tee. A nagging synth line, some electro blips and a ear-worm of a chorus give this track plenty of addictive charm. I am also thoroughly obsessed with the video. It reminds me of the early 90s, particularly Paula Abdul, which is no bad thing and looks suitably slick. The band are managed by Kris Kardashian (mother of the Kardashian sisters obvs!) and are signed to Hollywood Records, home of Miley Cyrus and the Jonas Brothers amongst others. What a stunning pedigree.

Usually a trashy gem like this never makes it to our shores but apparently it's down for release here in January. This fills me with joy. Hopefully this will become a sizeable hit so that when I sing this under my breath on public transport I won't seem like a crazy person. Or at least seem like a crazy person who is singing a hit song.

Check out the video below, it will make you want to jump around an abandoned warehouse and run across a beach with your friends. Isn't pop music magical?

No comments:

Post a Comment